How you can properly use social media marketing as a fitness trainer or nutritionist.
Using the World Wide Web to obtain information and to buy goods and services is now completely normal.
Of course, this is reinforced by the current situation, in which many are in the home office and personal contact is hardly possible.
As service providers, fitness trainers and nutritionists are therefore dependent on communicating what they offer online and thus becoming visible.
In addition, more and more nutritionists and trainers are also offering their services entirely in the form of online coaching. It is all the more important to be present online.
Word of mouth is still an important factor in bringing clients early in their careers, but if your goal is to expand your service and help even more people on their way to healthier lives and bodies you should try to scale your offer.
This means that you use online marketing methods and interested parties automatically become aware of you.
Your competition doesn’t sleep either and probably no longer prints business cards but has long since switched to Facebook ads.
But you’ve probably already internalized the importance of social media marketing for your business, otherwise, you wouldn’t be reading this post.
In the following, we will therefore explain to you in 3 steps how to get started with your social media marketing.
Step 1: Position Yourself
Before you can properly communicate to the outside world, you first have to know who you are and what you stand for. Ask yourself the following questions:
- How can you help other people?
- In which topic are you particularly good or even an expert?
- What services would you like to offer?
- Who might be interested in your services – Who is your target audience?
- What problem are you solving for your target group?
- How much money would you like to ask for in return?
Step 2: Decide On The Right Platform
Today, there are numerous sources through which you can connect with potential customers online.
Especially when you’re just starting out, you don’t have the manpower to play with everyone at the same time at least not if you want to deliver good quality.
It is better to choose 2 platforms that you would like to regularly feed with content. Important: They have to suit you and be fun.
This is the only way to reach your customers emotionally!
- This is the best place to present your offer
- Especially at the beginning, this does not have to be extensive, a landing page where you present your offer is sufficient
- Show yourself, the users want to get a picture of you
- Tell your story on an “About Us” page
- Build-in testimonials, i.e. ratings from your previous customers, ensure more trust
- Still the platform with the most users
- Perfect if you want to place (paid) advertisements later and thus reach more people
- Open a Facebook group for your target audience
- Join groups yourself and write comments there regularly to draw attention to yourself
- A platform that focuses on the visual aspect and works with images and videos
- Here you have to be creative
- Post at least 3 posts a week
- Use posts, reels, stories, and IGTVs
- Build a community and interact with them regularly
- Important: Offer added value!
- Perfect for networking in the B2B area
- Find interesting contacts in your industry
- A serious appearance is required here
- You will also receive notifications here if, for example, a job as a nutritionist has become vacant in your area
Other Online Channels That You Can Use For Yourself:
Step 3. People Buy For Emotional Reasons
Your community will only become your customers if they have already established a relationship with you and trust you.
For this, you first have to reveal a little of your personality and secondly have patience.
Not only your product or service is bought, but the whole thing with you in a package. So show up regularly, tell about yourself and your story.
- Why should they choose you?
- What is special about your advice?
- What sets you apart from others?
Ask yourself these questions and then try to highlight these aspects in your online presence and answer the questions for your prospects so that they can decide for themselves.
If you are about to start your own business as fitness or personal trainer, you will certainly have many questions at the beginning.
Would you like to become self-employed but you have a lot of questions in your head? How do I get my first customers?
What do I have to pay attention to when starting my business? What legal things are there to consider? You will learn all this in ACE Personal Trainer Certification.