Why Everyone Now Swears By Pasta Chips? Italian pasta in all its diversity is also one of the most popular dishes in this country. Whether served as a small first course, as in Italy, or as a full meal, pasta is always a hit and can be adapted to suit any taste.
With the existing variety of pasta dishes, it hardly seems possible that a new pasta trend will emerge at the moment – and yet it is the case. Pasta chips are among the latest viral developments on social networks such as TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter. We’ll tell you what it’s all about, explain why pasta chips are so popular right now and offer you recipes so you can enjoy this snack yourself.
These Are Pasta Chips
When we first heard about pasta chips, our first thought was that they were a new flavor of traditional chips. However, we were quite wrong with this assumption, because pasta chips have little in common with the universally popular snack.
To put it briefly at the beginning, pasta chips are noodles that are cooked in the (hot air) deep fryer or in the oven and then refined with spices and cheese. A dip of your choice rounds off the innovative TV snack and offers a completely new taste experience.
Why Are Pasta Chips So Popular Right Now?
This question cannot be answered with a single statement. Rather, various factors come together, the combination of which has led to the incomparable trend. The first to be mentioned is the change in modern eating habits. Healthy nutrition is advertised everywhere, as are regional and environmentally friendly products. As a result, all-time classic snacks like potato chips or peanut fritters are being consumed less.
The place for alternative products was created. Suddenly, chips made from chickpeas, lentils, hummus, and other previously unknown ingredients can be found on the shelves of local supermarkets. These have less fat and calories and should therefore contribute to a healthier diet. This also created space for completely new snacks.
The next factor in the great success of pasta chips is, of course, their taste. They combine the crispy experience of potato chips with the flavor of pasta and Italy. There are also juicy dips in the style of nachos and co. These different influences are all combined in pasta chips so that the best of many worlds come together. How could such a concept not be successful?
However, one last factor is responsible for the great popularity. Numerous photos, videos, and recipes for Pasta Chips have been shared on social networks. Within a very short time, a new trend developed from this, which raced unstoppably through the Internet and is currently at its peak. We are curious to see what variations we will experience in pasta chips in the coming weeks. Because there are no limits to the creativity of hobby cooks.
The Best Recipes For Pasta Chips
To start, let’s share the simplest recipe for pasta chips. For a snack for two to three people you only need the following ingredients:
Pasta Chips Made With Air Fryer
Pasta Chips Made With Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 250 grams Pasta (farfalle is best)
- 1 liter Frying oil
- Spices as desired
- First you cook the noodles in salted water according to the package instructions “al dente”, i.e. firm to the bite. After draining, it is best to rinse them briefly under cold water and let them drain. To get rid of the remaining liquid, you should pat the noodles dry with kitchen towels. It is better not to use kitchen paper here, as it can stick to the pasta.
- In the meantime, heat the frying oil in a deep fryer or in a tall saucepan. The temperature of the oil should be around 350 °F. Now put the cooked noodles in portions in the oil and let them fry for about one to two minutes. For the best flavor, season each serving immediately after removing it from the pot. Sprinkle some grated parmesan and seasonings to taste over the still hot pasta.
- Of course, you can also prepare pasta chips in a hot air fryer. This has a great advantage that you need significantly less oil and your snack is significantly lower in fat. Mix the cooked pasta with some oil, cheese, and spices and put them in your hot air fryer for about ten minutes. If you want to make it even healthier, you can also use whole wheat or spelled pasta.
- When it comes to spices, you should rely entirely on your feelings and your taste. We find a combination of salt, pepper, garlic and oregano irresistible. But rosemary, thyme, chilli powder or Italian spice mixtures are also ideal.
- The options for the matching dips are just as diverse. Again, you can choose what you like best. Classic dips such as guacamole or salsa go perfectly with the pasta snack. But typical tomato-based pasta sauces, pesto or yoghurt dips can also be enjoyed with the crispy pasta snack.