Would you like to get your body back into top shape, but jogging and dancing have never really inspired you, or are they just not enough for you? Do you need a workout that not only burns calories and improves your endurance, but one that builds muscle?
Then a high-intensity core workout is just right for you! With this 30-minute workout, you’ll tighten your core, stabilize your cardiovascular system, speed up your metabolism and melt your belly fat.
With a high-intensity core workout, you not only train your abs, but also your lower back, core muscles, and pelvis. These muscle groups are badly needed in everyday life, whether it’s carrying groceries or getting out of bed. So that your new workout routine doesn’t get boring and actually helps you on your way to your personal dream figure, we present ten different exercises. But please don’t forget to do a warm-up (e.g. walk in place for five minutes) and then a cool-down (various stretching exercises) before the workout, otherwise the risk of injury increases.
1. Downward Dog Crunch
1. Start on all fours, keeping your arms and legs straight and lifting your hips and back.
2. Bend your right knee and bring it to your right elbow.
3. Now raise your right leg in the air and then bring your body back to the starting pose.
4. Repeat the exercise for 30 seconds, then do the same exercise with your left leg. The exercise consists of three sets.
2. Side Crunch
1. Lie on your back with your hands on your temples, bend your knees and rotate your hips inward.
2. Raise shoulders, squeeze and hold lateral upper body muscles for one to two seconds.
3. Slowly return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, then switch sides. The exercise consists of three sets.
3. Touch and Hop
1. Stand on your right leg and slightly bend your knee.
2. Now bend your hips forward, raise your left leg in the air and touch the floor with your left hand.
3. Now jump into the air and lift your left knee up.
4. Land on your right foot, repeat for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
4. Alternating Superman
1. Lie on your stomach and stretch out your arms and legs.
2. Raise one arm (eg the right one) and the opposite leg (in this case the left one) by arching your back.
3. Count to two, return to the starting position, and repeat with the other arm and leg.
4. The exercise consists of three sets.
5. Fingertip to Toe Jacks
1. Bend your right knee and lift your foot as far as you can.
2. Twist your torso slightly to the right and try to touch your right foot with your left hand.
3. Repeat the exercise on the other side, alternating sides, until you have performed the exercise 30 times and in three sets.
6. Reserve Crunches
1. Lie on your back with your hands at your sides. Raise your knees until your thighs and calves form a 90° angle and your calves are parallel to the floor.
2. Now raise your hips and pull your knees as close to your chest as possible.
3. Hold this position and then slowly return to the starting position.
4. The exercise consists of 30 repetitions and three sets.
7. Mountain Climbers
1. Support yourself on your hands and tiptoes with your arms slightly wider than shoulder-width.
2. Raise one knee to mid-abdomen, then bring that knee back, quickly alternating both knees.
3. Hold for 30 seconds and three sets.
8. Robe Climb Crunches
1. Sit on the floor, bend your knees slightly and lean your upper body back.
2. Extend your right arm in the air and lift your left knee.
3. Change sides
4. Repeat this exercise 30 times and three sets.
9. Side Plank Rotation
1. Start in a side plank position with your right shoulder on the floor and above your elbow. The body forms a straight line, the right foot lies sideways on the floor, the left one above it, and the left-hand points to the ceiling.
2. Twist your torso forward and slowly slide your left hand under your body.
3. Repeat for 30 seconds, then switch sides.
4. You do both sides with three sets.
10. Windshield Wipers
1. Lie on your back and stretch your arms out to the side. Raise your legs and bend your knees to a 90-degree angle.
2. Without letting your legs touch the floor, rotate your hips to one side.
3. Raise your legs and return to the starting position.
4. Now rotate your hips in the other direction and repeat the exercise for 30 seconds in three sets.